In a year which has been dominated with the rise of many new artistes, it is almost impossible to shorten the list of Songs which ‘blew up’ certain new artistes this year but then this list is close to as perfect as it can get when it comes to mentioning the top 10 songs which blew up this year from new artistes.
1. Katapot– With the respectable successof Chop Am in 2014, Reekado Banks needed to make a strong statement in 2015 and this song which was alleged to be a beef for Wande Coal and D’Banj with its unique video was the perfect tune to ‘Catapult’ him into the upper echelons of the Nigerian new school hitmakers.
2. Sade – AdekunleGold of YBNL was shotinto the limelight as the 3rd YBNL act to have successfully ‘blown’ in the 2nd quarter of the year with his rendition of Sade, a cover version done on a One Direction song.
3. Awww — Di’Ja Of The Mavin Group dropped this Classic alternative tune which had a unique video and early this year the buzz it got was enough to make her stand out as her own individual and get her much popularity amongst music lovers.
4. Godwin – A street anthem and one of the few songs in Nigerian history that could be used in any church to praise Godas well as (sadly) rocked to in any Club, Godwin was an infectious tune which successfully carved Korede Bello his own niche in the Music Industry.
5. Woju – A song which had a great buzz within the first quarter of the year, Woju was the song which finally brought G-worldwide’s frontliner Kiss Daniels into the limelight. A remix with Davido and Tiwa Savage further cemented his place up there. Also Laye yet another offering from Kiss Daniels which further showed him not just as a One Hit wonder but as an act that cansuccessfully “mess with the same sound”(Raba pun intended) and create two different hits.These 2 songs shot New School act Kiss Daniels into the limelight.
6. Lekene — A song done by one of the best New School Deejay, Dj Don Flash that has created buzz over night and projected him to fame. This song has also made popular CGN Entertainment of which he is signed to. As his presently working on the video
7. German Juice – Having already created buzz for herself in 2014 with Don’t Break My Heart , Cynthia Morgan succesfully cemented her place as a force to reckon with in the new school nigerian music industry with this fast paced patois-sung tune and it did her music C.V the best.
8. Jamb Question– The first new female face to be known this year was Simi and although Tiff was her first song this year to give her some buzz, Jamb Question was the final stroke of the racket to win her the points of ‘blowing up’ in the Music industry. With a title that became a phraseon the lips of the streets, Simi definitely has to thank this tune for her fame this year.
9. Ijo Ara — as it goes this sound is murdered by of the Nigerian Indigenous rappar [Ndeen] A.k.A Eni Mi Mo. If you did not hear this dope song you missed a lot, its the Dance Style that brought him to lime light and his unique wayway of rapping.